A Lawyer to Help With Your Legal NeedsCasey is a graduate of Drew University in Madison, N.J., and The Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pa. While at Dickinson, she was a member of the school’s Law Review. After law school, Casey clerked for the Honorable Frank J. Montemuro, Jr. of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Her love of the Jersey Shore brought Casey to Cape May County, where she worked for a firm and focused on the defense of municipalities and of drivers in automobile matters.
In 2007, she joined an Upper Township/ Philadelphia firm. During her eight years with this firm, Casey’s practice concentration included commercial litigation, condominium law, municipal law, civil litigation, and appellate practice. Casey was on brief for Cape May Harbor Village v. Spraga, 421 N.J. Super. 56 (App. Div. 2011).
In 2015, Casey took a position as senior counsel with the New Jersey Casino Control Commission. While at the Commission, Casey’s practice focused on Casino Key Employee and Casino Licensing issues. Casey was the attorney of record for the Commission and on brief for In the Matter of the Petition Of 500 Broadway, LLC For Declaratory Ruling Under N.J.S.A. 5:12-82, A-002980-16 which was dismissed as moot pending the sale of the former Revel Atlantic City. In addition, Casey served as the alternate State Ethics Liaison Officer for the Commission.
Casey is licensed in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. She is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court of New Jersey. She has completed the NJICLE’s Civil Mediation Training.
Casey is Of Counsel to Ridgway Legal in Linwood, New Jersey.
Outside of the office, Casey has participated in many civic and charitable organizations including the following:
- Member, General Council, New Jersey State Bar Association 2019
- Business Member Community Associations Institute-New Jersey Chapter
- Member Cape May County Bar Association
- Member Cape May County Chamber of Commerce
- Member Greater Wildwood Chamber of Commerce
- Member Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce 2017-2020
- Athlete Escort, Ocean City’s Special Olympics Triathletes, 2014-2015
- Board Member, Caring for Kids, Cape May County 2021 to present
- Board Member, Ocean City Community Center Association, 2014 to 2015
- Officer, Ocean City C-Cerpants Swim Team, Inc., 2010 to 2016
- Race Director, Independence Day Bay Swim, 2010 to 2016
- Officer, Upper Township Soccer Association, Inc., 2010 to 2013
- Vestry Member, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 2007 to 2013, 2021 to present
- Lead Person, Ecole de La Mer French Immersion Charter School, 2004
Casey is a lifelong swimmer and occasional surfer. She and her husband, Dr. Jerry Horowitz, have two children, Samantha, a 2021 Graduate of Wake Forest University in Winston Salem, NC and Peter, who will be a junior at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA in the fall.